Operating Principle and Applications
• Testing diopter graduation, focusing range and infinity („zero“) setting of eyepieces.
• Measurement of power of lenses
• Testing the astigmatism of telescopes
• Measuring the field curvature of lenses
• The eyepiece of the Diopter Telescope is rotated until its reticle is seen sharp and clear. The focusing ring is set to zero.
• The Diopter Telescope is placed with its supporting flange on the eyepiece or the telescope under test. The eyepiece of the telescope under test is rotated until its reticle is seen sharp and clear. This is the zero setting of the eyepiece.
• Further measurements are made by rotating the eyepiece under test to the next graduation and focusing the Dioptometer correspondingly. The reading is done directly on the diopter graduated scale
Product Range and Specification
The supporting flange of TRIOPTICS Dioptometers is hexagonal (48 mm wide) and removable.
After removing the flange, the connection thread M 38x1 mm can be used to attach the Dioptometer to custom holders or other devices. The size of the smallest division is important for accurate reading. All TRIOPTICS Dioptometers (except for 3-100-298) have large graduations and permit easy reading and accurate estimation at half of the smallest division. The eyepieces are interchangeable and can be adapted to custom needs.